If you have come across the error Driver power state failure on windows 10? Then you might encounter this error because of the system crash. Depending on the error code, the severity of the issue depends. So, in this article, we will provide you the steps to fix the issue.
What is Driver power state failure on windows 10 and why it encounters? The blue screen of death is also known as the Driver power state failure. System crashes or driver power state failure are some of the reasons that encounter the issue. This error prevents the system from starting.
Moreover, you can fix this issue that you have encountering Driver power state failure on windows 10, by performing the simple and easy steps that we have mentioned in this guide.
How to Fix the Issue Driver power state failure windows 10
If you are encountering this issue, luckily you can able to fix this issue that prevents you from starting the windows. Therefore, we have provided you a few of the troubleshooting methods to get rid of this issue the blue screen of death.
Follow the given below steps to fix the issue that you are encountering. Try the given below steps to do so.
Update System Drivers
Outdated, incompatible, or the corrupted drivers might be the reason that causes the issue of Driver power state failure on windows8. Therefore, in such cases, you need to update the driver of your system to get rid of this issue. Here we have provided you the steps to fix the issue. To update the drivers follow the given below steps.
- Click on the “Start” menu and select the “gear” (settings) option.
- Now, in the setting options, select the option “Update & Security” and then choose the “Download or Download and install” to check for the availability of the drivers.
- Else if you don’t search for the drivers automatically, you have to click on the “Check for the Updates” to check for the updates.
- Now, allow windows to download and install the new updates. Once, you have installed the updates then you have to restart your devices to complete the entire process.
In most instances, you have to download the drivers from the manufactures websites and even install them manually.
Run File Checker Integrity Tool
Due to the corrupted or the system files you might encounter the power issue like the driver power state failure BSOD. Therefore, you have to fix this issue, you have to use the tool system file checker to fix this issue. With the help of this tool, we will able to check the integrity of the windows system files and it allows you to find the missing and the corrupted files if any. To do so follow the given below steps.
- On your computer right-click on the Start menu.
- Now, you have to choose the “Windows Powershell” admin to run the SFC tool.
- In the command prompt, input “sfc/scannow” and then click on Enter button.
- Next, wait for the SFC tool for some time to complete the full scan. Then the tool will automatically repair the issue.
If this troubleshooting method doesn’t help you to fix the issue then you have to perform another troubleshooting method.
Disable the Sleep Mode
As we discussed above, the driver power state failure windows7 is caused by the issues with the power. Therefore, changing the settings of the power might help you to fix the issue. Moreover, you have to stop the PC from either entering sleep mode, in the cases if you are unable to the system power management settings directly. Here, we have provided you a few steps.
- Using the Window PowerShell is the quickest way that helps you to fix this issue Driver power state failure on windows8.
- In the command prompt enter “powercfg.exe /hibernate off” and then click on “Enter”.
- Now, you have to open the Windows settings, menu to disable the “Sleep
mode. And then you have to disable the sleep mode.
- In the settings menu, you need to select the “System” and then head to the “Power&Sleep”.
- Now, in the sleep section select the option “Never” from the dropdown menu.
This is how you can Driver power state failure on windows 10, by this disable the sleep mode.
- vmware workstation 12 player license key
- avast cleanup premium key
- mycleanpc activation code
- ms office 2013 activator
Rollback Recently Installed Drivers
As we have discussed above, updating the drivers might help you to fix the issue, but sometimes, the newly installed drivers may also cause the issue like Driver power state failure on windows 10. Therefore, in such cases, you have to Roll backing the recently installed driver from your devices.
- Head to the “Windows” button and then click on it.
- Now, we have to select “Device Manager”.
- Locate the select the corrupted driver that causes the issue. This is mostly due to the installation or the update of the drivers. Once, you have located the device, and then select it and right on the driver and select the properties.
- Now, in the properties window, click on the driver tab and then select the “Rollback the Driver”.
- Moreover, when you are rollbacking the device, it will ask for your confirmation. Then select any of the conformations and then click on the option “Yes”.
- With this process, windows will uninstall the corrupted driver, and then it will return using the last installed driver. And moreover, disabling the power saving mode might help you with this issue BSOD error, before you are restarting your device.
- You can select the “Power Management” tab and even untick the check bow “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power” from the available option.
- Now, to save the changes select the option “OK”. Then you can restart the PC, with the help of the device driver rollback.
This is the process that helps you to roll back the drivers on your device.
With the above methods that we have provided in this article, you can fix the issue of Driver power state failure windows 10 on your device. If you have any doubts regarding the driver power state failure, just mention them in the comment section below. Stay tuned to Cracko for more updates.