Are you encountering the vpn error 789, while you are surfing the net browsing? Then in this article, we will discuss how to get rid of this error while you are using the VPN.
We usually use the VPN, to browse privately and anonymously. This VPN allows you to obtain a secure connection between the network over the internet where it creates the private network between the public network connection.
Moreover, while you are using the VPN you might come across most of the VPN error codes that encountering on your device. So, there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we have provided you the simple and easy steps to get fix the issue vpn error 789.
Causes of the VPN Error 789
If there is something that went wrong on the Computer as well as on the VPN, then you might come across the error vpn error 789. Here we have provided you a few of the reasons that encounter the error server 2012 VPN error 789. This indicates that to use the L2TP you have not set up the VPN correctly on the operating system that you have used. In these cases the trails to connections might fail, even before the connection started with the server.
Here we have provided you the reasons that cause the issue vpn error 789. Check out the given below error that we have provided.
- If there might be the establishment of the VPN client and the server behind the Network Address Translation i.e., NAT then you might encounter this error.
- You can also encounter this error if there is no machine certificate or even the trusted root machine that is available on the server. Or even if it doesn’t have the “Server Authentication” similar to “Extended Key Usage(EKU)”.
- As the IPSec keying modules and the Policy agent are responsible for hosting the self-hosting of the VPN, then disabling this might be one of the reasons that encounter the issue vpn error 789.
- There might be failure connectivities of the VPN, if there is the missing in the registry keys like the “AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule”. This is also arises the issue vpn error 789.
- When your system is not properly set up to connect to the L2TP server, then you might come across the error vpn error 789.
But you have to make sure that L2TP and the IPSec pass-through options are enabled from the router. Before, you are performing any of the troubleshooting methods.
How to Fix VPN Error 789?
When the users try to connect to the L2TP, then mostly you might encounter the error vpn error 789. And moreover, when the processing error initial negotiation with the remote computer encountered by the security layer then this results in the L2TP connection.
Then if you are the one who encountered this error VPN error 789, then in this article we will provide you the steps to fix the issue. Here are a few methods for you.
- Reboot the VPN Network Adapter.
- Check the Certificate.
- Let the IPsec service, be re-enabled.
These are the few troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue Server 2012 VPN error 789.
1. Reboot VPN network Adapter
If you are encountering this error Server 2012 VPN error 789, then you need to reboot the VPN network adapter as this is a simple trick to fix the issue. Here, we have provided you the simple steps to do so.
- On your computer, right-click on the “Start” button.
- Now, you have to click on the “Device Manager” option.
- Next, find the “Network Adapter” and then you have to click on the drop-down menu to expand the list.
- Now, locate the “Network Adaptor” of yours choice.
- Then, right-click on the network adaptors and then select the option “Uninstall”.
- Now, click on “OK”.
After you have done everything, finally restart the device and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
- voice changer for discord
- how to temporarily disable avast mac
- avast driver updater free
- adobe photoshop cs6 serial number Reddit
2. Let the IPsec Service, be Re-enable
If the above doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then try to re-enable the IPsec service. Here we have provided you the process how to re-enable the IPsec service.
- Hold the “Windows” + “X” key simultaneously to open the “Run” box.
- Now, enter “service.msc” in the given text box.
- Then, you have to look for the “IKE and the AuthIP Keying Modules” and “IPSec policy Agent”.
- Next, for both these services, you have to check out the status. If it shows you the “Start” option, then you have to click on the “Restart” and if the start option is disabled then there you have to enable it.
- Finally, you have to tap on both the services and then choose the option “Startup type”.
- Then you have to change it to “Automatic” and then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
- Finally, restart the service of your VPN and then again try to reconnect to it.
If this doesn’t help you to fix the issue then try to perform another troubleshooting method to fix the issue Unifi VPN Windows 10 error 789.
3. Verify the Certificate
Sometimes, the error vpn error 789 may occur if there is the wrong certificate or even if there is the improperly configured pre-shared key or the certificate on the client-side or on the VPN server machine. Hence, you have to make sure that the utilize the client and the server-side for the correct certificate.
Moreover, you have to confirm the same process on the client-side as well as on the VPN server machine, if you are using the pre-shared key(PSK).
If you are encountering the issue vpn error 789, while you are surfing the net browsing. Then try to perform the above-provided methods, as any one of the methods helps you to fix the issue. If you have doubts feel free to text us in the comment section. Stay tuned to Cracko for more updates.