If you are coming across the issue werfault.exe error, which commonly occurs when the program fails to start. If you are searching for troubleshooting methods. Then we are here for you. In this article, we will provide you the resolving methods to fix this issue.
In windows Microsoft, the werfault.exe error is used for windows error reporting. This executable file will reports the error to Microsoft when you have come across the issues that are related to the operating system, windows features, and the applications.
Well, in this article we will provide you the steps to fix the issues that are related to the werfault.exe error. Try the below-provided steps to fix the issue that you are encountering.
How to Fix the Issue werfault.exe error
As we discussed above the werfault.exe error is used for windows error reporting to Microsoft windows. Mostly, these error occurs when you are opening the programs. You have to remember that this error varies in different cases.
Well, there is nothing to worry about if you are encountering this error. As the troubleshooting methods are simple and easy to fix this issue. Here we have provided you the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue.
1. Restart Your PC
Restarting the PC is the simple and easy troubleshooting method that helps you to fix the issue. Follow the given below steps to restart your PC.
- Head to the Windows button on the bottom-left corner of your PC and click on it.
- From there, click on the power icon listed there.
- Next, from the list of 3 options select the “restart” and click on it.
- Now, wait for a while until your device will restart back again.
After restarting your device, check if the issue werfault.exe error on startup is fixed or not. If not try another troubleshooting method.
2. Need to Disable Windows Error Reporting Services
Try to disable the Windows error reporting services, if you are encountering this issue. Therefore, to do so follow the given below methods as we mentioned.
- Press the “Windows + R” buttons simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Now, type “Services.msc” in the given text field of the Run box and then click on the “OK” button.
- Then, you have to locate the “Windows Error Reporting Services” and then you need to double-click on it to open the properties of the dialogue box.
- Next, you have to disable the “Startup Type” in the general tab and then click on the “Apply” buttons and later on the “OK” button.
If this troubleshooting method doesn’t help you to fix the error, then try to perform another troubleshooting method.
3. Disable the Anti-virus Software
Sometimes the enabled antivirus might cause this issue werfault.exe error windows 7. Therefore disabling the anti-virus might help you to fix the issue.
Then if you have installed the anti-virus software which is enabled on your device, therefore disabling this software might help you to fix the issue.
4. Run the SFC Command
Now try to run the SFC command on your device, this method might help you to fix the error werfault.exe error as this performs the scanning and repairs all the corrupted files on your device. To do so follow the given below steps that we have mentioned.
- First, you have to run the command prompt as the Administrator.
- In the command, input command “sfc/scannow” and then click on “Enter”.
- Now, it will scan all your files and the corrupted files and the cached version will be replaced by the at the time of the scanning process.
Once, you have done with this restart your PC and then check if the issue is resolved werfault.exe error is resolved or not or else try the other that we have provided you below.
- windows 10 activator keygen
- iexplorer 4 registration code 2021
- superantispyware lifetime license key
5. Uninstall and Install the Drivers
Reinstalling the display drivers might help you to fix the issue. Therefore, try to reinstall the display drivers on your device. To do so follow the given below steps.
- Head to the Start ie., the windows button on the bottom-left of your screen.
- Now, from the given menu select the “Device Manager”.
- Then, locate and expand the “Display adapters”. There, under the device manager, right-click on the display driver.
- Now, from the context menu, select “Uninstall the device”.
- Next, after installation of the device, then from the top panel click on the “Action” tab, and then you have to choose the “Scan for hardware changes”.
Once, you have activated this option, then the device manager will reinstall the missing and the hardware with the new version. There is nothing to worry about the installation of the hardware that you have uninstalled as this will automatically install the driver after running the SFC scanning on your device.
6. Scan PC for any Virus
The files might be corrupted and can be accessible by any of the programs if they are infected by the viruses. Therefore, this might leads to clashes and that results in encountering the error werfault.exe error. Therefore, try to perform the scanning to find the virus and fix them. Therefore, to do so follow the given below steps.
- Press the “Windows + I” button simultaneously in the settings window.
- Now, click on the “Update & Security” which is situated on the left panel. Now, you need to select the “Virus & Threats protection” and then click on the “Scan” options to perform the scanning operation.
- At last, you have to select the Full Scan from the given options and then click on the “Scan Now” button.
Wait for a while until the system performs the scan and identifies the threats if any. If you have found any of the threats then try to delete them and then restart your computer and check if the issue werfault.exe error on startup is resolved or not.
Hopefully, any of the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods from this guide will help you to fix the issue werfault.exe error encountered on your device. Let us know in the comment section if you have any doubts regarding “werfault.exe error on startup”. Stay tuned to Cracko for more updates.